Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Daily Junque Journal

 
One of my favorite projects from this year was my London Calling mini book (check it out here) made from cardboard boxes.  I have been wanting to make something similar and last week I sat down with some cardboard and a pile of Pink Paislee Daily Junque papers and embellishments.  I tried to keep a little bit more of the cardboard look with this book by cutting down my paper a little smaller and peeling back the top layer of cardboard.  I really just made this for the fun of it - I love the vintage photos in the book but they aren't of anyone I know -I like this type of project because it allows you to use products you love and focus on new techniques and pushing yourself rather than creating something that has to have a certain purpose.  I love how it turned out and can't wait to make another one!


PhotobucketPin It

8 comments:

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Love it!!
Using the corrugated cardboard was a fantastic idea, nice touch. :]
Very beautiful Journal.

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome. I'm making a mini book out of cardboard right now! For an online art class. I love yours!

Donna K said...

Love it...pinned it...wish I had a big dose of your creativity! Thanks for letting us in on your art!

ARTES ANDRÉA PRADO said...

LOVE IT!!

donna!ee said...

burst of creativity indeed...very very clever! :)

Elaine Akers said...

very clever. Great journal.

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love this idea.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! It's wonderful how you create art out of little scraps of paper. I love this!